Clinics & Services
The practice offers the following clinics:
- Ante natal clinic
- Baby clinic – This is run by the Health Visitors for routine weighing and immunisations. There is the opportunity to discuss other problems such as sleeping, feeding and child health worries. Dr Bridger is responsible for the 6 week checks.
- Well woman
- Birthday Month Review clinics (covering all the diseases listed previously)
- Family planning can be accessed via the GP
- Joint injections (Dr Bridger)
- Acupuncture (Dr Chikthimmah)
Patients Aged 75 Years And Over
If you are 75 years of age or over, you should be seen annually, either by your doctor, the practice nurse or district nurse. This can be arranged by the surgery or if that is not possible a home visit will be arranged.
Please make an appointment at least 6 weeks prior to your holiday to ensure adequate cover. A charge will be made for certain immunisations and vaccinations which are not covered by the NHS. A list of these charges is held at reception.
An influenza vaccination is particularly recommended for patients with heart, lung or kidney disease, diabetes and residents of nursing and rest homes.
Please contact the reception staff in October for details of the vaccination dates and to make an appointment. If you are unable to attend the surgery, a home visit will be arranged to undertake this facility.
Know Your Score!
The practice offers a health check or Healthy Heart MOT to patients aged between 40 and 75 years every 5 years to identify your own personal score. Your score will give you a percentage of the likelihood of developing a heart condition or diabetes. Depending on the result we can offer support and advice where needed to reduce your risk. Please book your appointment at reception and take advantage of this service.
Our practice offers a smoking cessation service within the surgery which is carried out by our Practice nurse. We can offer support, advice and treatment to help you stop smoking. If you are interested in this service please book an appointment at reception.