COVID Vaccine Appointments
The telephone number for people to book a vaccination at a Barnsley vaccination centre THIS WEEK is: 01226 448 808
The vaccination telephone call centre will be available from Tuesday 8th February at 9:15am.
- Please contact 01226 448 808 during the following opening hours to be booked in for your COVID 19 Vaccination.
- The telephone booking line is open Tuesday - Friday 9:15am – 7pm and Saturday 9:15am -4pm
This telephone line will be available for any Barnsley resident in the following groups:
- Any patient over the age of 70
- Any patient between the ages of 18 - 69 who were sent a letter to shield by their GP surgery or the Government during the COVID-19 pandemic
You will be asked some screening questions during the phone call to ensure that we are booking you in to receive the most appropriate vaccine based on your medical requirements.
Appointments are available this week from Wednesday - Saturday across the three main vaccination centres in Barnsley which are:
- Priory Campus, Pontefract Road, Lundwood, S71 5PN
- Goldthorpe Medical Centre, Goldthorpe Green, Goldthorpe, S63 9EH
- Apollo Court Medical Centre, High Street, Dodworth, S75 3RD
Please DO NOT contact the surgery regarding your Covid 19 vaccine, you will be contacted in line with the priority groups when it becomes available. We are not able to deal with any calls regarding the vaccine at this time and ask that you do not block the phone lines with these calls.
BURLEIGH MEDICAL CENTRE would like to invite you to join DoctorLink.
We have been looking at how we can improve access to Practice services; DoctorLink is our new online service where you can access advice and appointments on line.
Registration is simple and you can register here:
For all urgent appointments, we ask that you undertake a symptom assessment through DoctorLink.
The symptom checker will ask you a number of questions to help to identify your problem.
The outcome of your assessment will direct you to the right treatment, whether emergency care, your GP, nurse or self care.
If your outcome indicates that an appointment is required, you simply click on the request appointment link.
Once the request has been submitted, you will then be contacted by the Practice Team, to arrange an appointment within the identified timeframe (as outlined in the outcome of your symptom checker).
The information you provide will be shared with our clinical team (where appropriate) and will assist in providing robust information of your problem to the required clinical team member prior to your appointment.
You can even download the App:
i-HEART - October 2018 Poster
- Level 1 - I wish to receive newsletters
- Level 2 - as Level 1 and I would like to be asked about my views and opinions on local health services through patient survey
- Level 3 - as Level 1 & 2 and I would like to be invited to be involved in discussions around my chosen area of interest.
If you would like to find out more please visit http://www.barnsleyccg.nhs.uk/get-involved/join-open.htmSharing Your Information to Improve Your CareWe are proposing to sign up to a new system which will allow health and social care professionals from outside the GP practice directly involved in your care to view the most up-to-date information about you . This allows the professionals caring for you to more fully understand your needs and means you only have to tell your history once. For more information please see our Frequently Asked Questions or read our privacy notice which gives full details of how we use and share your information.You will be asked for your consent whenever a professional outside the GP practice wishes to view your record. If you do not wish your information to be shared in this way please let us know.